Important: Please be advised that FSA Recovery Coaching ™️ is generally NOT an insurance reimbursable service nationally or internationally, unless your insurer covers ‘Life Coaching’ services from a U.S. provider. If you reside permanently in the state of California and are interested in my licensed Psychotherapy services, contact me here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: My FSA Recovery Coaching practice is currently FULL. If you’d like to be placed on the waiting list, please write ‘WAITING LIST’ as the subject matter in the Contact Form near the bottom of this page. Please also provide your location and hours you are available in Pacific Time Tuesdays through Thursdays. You may review my session rates (including discounted packages) below.
Welcome! My name is Rebecca C. Mandeville and I’m a Psychotherapist and trauma-informed Recovery Coach. I specialize in dysfunctional family systems and recovering from childhood psycho-emotional abuse, including what I named (for research purposes) Family Scapegoating Abuse (FSA).
My approach to FSA recovery coaching is informed by my experience as a licensed Psychotherapist specializing in childhood trauma, complex trauma (C-PTSD), and betrayal trauma. As a coach, I am committed to meeting the standards, ethics and guidelines set forth by SAMSHA and follow their recommended six key principles of a trauma-informed approach.
I’m comfortable working with people from all walks of life who appreciate the comfort, privacy, and convenience of engaging in video coaching sessions, including those who might find that their face-to-face coaching options are limited during the pandemic.
“When your family-of-origin ground is full of crevices and cracks that prevent you from engaging with life in a free, confident, and secure manner, it helps to explore and tune into the timeless ‘Ground of Being’ within...”Rebecca C. Mandeville
The Difference Between Counseling and Coaching:
Counseling helps you recognize and solve your problems in life in a safe and supportive environment. It may involve assessment, diagnosis, and deep emotional processing as well as assisting with increased insight and awareness.
FSA Recovery Coaching differs from counseling in that it offers clients guidance and education with the goal of helping them to understand how being the the target of family scapegoating abuse has blocked them in life and distorted their self-image. It is designed to help scapegoated adult survivors reconnect with themselves and the world in a positive, self-compassionate, self-caring, and self-empowered manner while using their strengths to build a life they love living.
FSA Recovery Coaching is trauma-informed. My recovery coaching services can help you to set and achieve goals, overcome obstacles, and maintain motivation while learning how to move past family trauma. I’m also experienced in career coaching and executive coaching, and have assisted many clients in my FSA Recovery Coaching practice in launching their own businesses or pursuing their ‘dream career’.
I am able to coach internationally and in the United States without restrictions – my licensed Psychotherapy services are only available to California residents.
Benefits of FSA Recovery Coaching Include:
- Assessing how family scapegoating dynamics may be interfering with your ability to formulate and pursue your most cherished hopes and dreams
- Educating on ‘betrayal trauma‘ and ‘complex trauma‘, which many scapegoated adults experience.
- Examining your current boundaries with scapegoating family members and exploring what level of contact will serve you at the highest level at this time
- Helping you to recover and reclaim lost, rejected/shamed, or undiscovered parts of yourself so that you may better experience your own innate wholeness while you also begin to dis-identify from distorted, negative beliefs about yourself that may be rooted in past betrayals or traumas.
- Assisting you in releasing ‘the scapegoat story’ while supporting you in becoming accountable for your life by teaching you how to become your own ‘change agent’
- Encouraging you to aspire toward living as your most ‘actualized’ self while helping you to release false narratives that are holding you back in life
- Inviting you to explore how your choices and decisions (whether conscious or not) are shaping and influencing your life – for ‘better’ or for ‘worse’ – resulting in greater awareness and the ability to ‘write’ (create) a new, healthier life story for yourself based on who you really are (versus who others believe or need you to be)
- Learning skills that empower you to make new choices that move you in the direction of your greatest hopes and aspirations
- Rebuilding confidence and self-esteem as you release negative, distorted views of yourself developed during childhood
- Creating meaningful, secure, and close relationships with others, free of feeling ‘over-responsible’ for the quality of your relationships and/or the feeling that you are ‘bad’ and not worthy of receiving love
- Learning powerful, effective self-care and coping techniques that are trauma-informed
- Developing ‘wise mind’ as you learn to balance your logical thinking processes with emotional awarenesses, allowing you to approach life with greater equanimity
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are ‘triggered’ when talking about family members and/or do not want to discuss details of being scapegoated, then my services may not be right for you and trauma-informed psychotherapy with an emphasis on recovering from C-PTSD symptoms may be more helpful.
Alternatively, if you are in a crisis situation or need more support than one 50-minute session a week can provide, coaching is unlikely to provide you with an appropriate level of psycho-emotional support. Lastly: For best results, a minimum of 24 sessions is recommended.
My licensed Psychotherapy services in the United States are available to California residents only. If you live in California and would like to engage me for licensed services, visit my Counseling website for more information.
Sessions are 50 minutes long and may be purchased individually, by the month, or in packs of 10. Multi-session packages are discounted. Sessions are conducted via the secure ‘Simple Practice’ / Telehealth online platform. Rates include the ability to exchange brief, secure online messages in between sessions, as warranted. I offer limited ‘low-fee’ slots for clients in financial need (do note that there can be a long wait time for these low-fee slot openings).
Rates as of July 01, 2021
- Initial 20 minute online consultation is free (there may be a waiting list)
- Single (50 minute) session: $125.00
- Pack of 4 sessions: $450.00 ($50.00 savings)
- Pack of 10 sessions: $1100.00 ($150.00 savings)
Unused sessions purchased at the discounted package rate are fully refundable immediately upon request and/or if client terminates.
What Equipment Will I Need To Meet Online With My Online Coach?
The secure online platform I use allows us to connect anywhere with convenient appointments that save you time and hassle. There’s no need to deal with traffic when you can schedule and attend your appointments directly from a laptop or mobile device. (Note: To use a smartphone, you must first download Telehealth by SimplePractice – available for iOS or Android in the app store.)
You will also need an internet connection that is at least 10mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.
Contact me via the form below to set up your Online Consultation!
Initial 20 minute consultation is free. There is typically a waiting list for the consultation and my practice is often full. A minimum of 24 weekly 50-minute sessions is recommended for best results.
[Important: Please be advised that FSA Recovery Coaching ™️ is generally NOT an insurance reimbursable service nationally or internationally, unless your insurer covers ‘Life Coaching‘ services from a U.S. provider.]
*Experienced and comfortable working with high profile figures, (e.g., celebrities, social media influencers, professional athletes) and understand the unique challenges such clients face.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are ‘triggered’ when talking about family members and/or do not want to discuss details of being scapegoated, then my services may not be right for you and psychotherapy with an emphasis on recovering from C-PTSD symptoms may be more helpful. Alternatively, if you are in a crisis situation or need more support than one 50-minute session a week can provide, coaching is unlikely to provide you with an appropriate level of psycho-emotional support. My FSA recovery coaching services are available to all internationally. My licensed counseling services are limited to California residents only. If you live in California and are seeking my licensed services, please visit my Counseling website for more information.
I am able to work with coaching clients worldwide. Online life coaching is not for everyone. An assessment is required prior to my agreeing to accept you in my practice. Typically, online counseling or coaching is not suitable for anyone who is feeling suicidal, is mentally unstable, or has substance abuse issues – all which require an in-person assessment / intervention from a licensed professional in your jurisdiction.
To learn mores about my family scapegoating abuse (FSA) recovery coaching process, visit my home page at https://scapegoatrecovery.com.
Rebecca C. Mandeville, MFT, is an internationally recognized Family Systems expert, clinician, educator, and author. She has been serving clients in her private practice as a trauma-informed Psychotherapist and Recovery Coach since 2006. She specializes in transpersonal approaches to healing and helping ‘Adult Survivors’ recover from the negative effects of being raised in dysfunctional / abusive family systems.
Rebecca began describing and defining what she later named ‘Family Scapegoating Abuse’ (FSA) while serving as Core Faculty at the world-renowned Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, where she taught graduate courses in Family Systems, Cross-Cultural Competence, and recovering from Addiction. Today Rebecca focuses on helping family scapegoating abuse survivors navigate the unique challenges they face via her online practice and written offerings.